Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Alopecia Areata - My Week 7 Progress

Back from vacay to the land of the rising sun and managed to squeeze in for my 7th treatment last week on Sunday before they closed for Raya hols. Still have another 5 treatments to go.

I finished the Hair Tonic pretty fast (compared with the rest) because I used bottle spray to spritz on the areas instead of pouring it onto my head straight from the bottle. The cost of the Hair Tonic? Totally expensive at about RM100+++++.

I couldn't exactly remember how much the ++ is in Ringgit Malaysia because, but I did remember the 'pain' of parting with my cash that day. But since it is working for me and I was desperate, I had to.

Stat as of today... the growth has covered 70%-80% of the patches making it difficult to figure out the areas to apply the cream and tonic. YAY!!!!! The baby hair has grown quite a bit too that it now reaches almost the middle phalanx of my second finger. THAT is long! I am overjoyed of course! But I also think that the growth is getting slower... Hmmm... Main thing is, my confidence is slowly but surely rising again.

I am hoping that in another 2 months time I hope to be able to ditch my cap, hats which I use to 'hide' the problem areas. For work, I use hairbands to push the front hair to the back to cover the patches - it would be totally weird having a hat on in the office.

I also didn't like spending my vacay with cap and hats even at night. It is so unusual to do so. But I gotta do it. I gotta cover. Hide is more like it. I dont like being asked about it especially concerned old folks. Dont like that.

Sorry no picture yet. Gosh I am talking like I am so promoting Neeta's but the truth is I am happy with the result and happy customers, well spread the good news.

Oh, during my 7th treatment last Sunday I happened to meet the lady owner again. She said that it's highly suggested that I continue with follow-up treatment for another 10 sessions (I still have 5 more to go).

The cost? Ten sessions for RM800 + 1 extra free session. It is to be done once fortnightly or once every 3 weeks or so.

Ahakkss... Burn me!!!!

Weeeeeeeeeeell, I was kinda thinking. RM80 per treatment, hmmm that's steep after paying so much like 7 weeks ago. And I don't really feel like spending that much -although I understood it's quite necessary. So we'll see after my 12th. I will probably decide then.

On the other hand,, I am quite perplexed why nobody wrote reviews or blog much about Neeta's Herbal? Before I signed up, I actually scoured the net looking for personal testimonials good or bad about the center but I didnt find much info - just one that says misleading advertisement somewhere in the UK. Well different country, different laws.

So to those that may stumble upon my blog looking for info on Neeta's Herbal, ummm I must warn you that this is my personal testimonial and I am in no way affiliated with them. I may even use a reel name but I am real. Right here. Right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment